May 19: Independent Food Systems Summit Dialogue
Join us on May 19 from 8:00am to 10:00am EDT as we host our own independent Food Systems Summit dialogue: Mobilizing Resilient Community-led Food Systems to contribute your perspectives on how we can #ShiftThePower from top-down to bottom-up food systems.
The UN Food Systems Summit can only be successful if it is inclusive and focused on solutions. Our independent dialogue on community-led food systems will discuss people-based solutions to the problems our food systems are facing. Discussion is at the heart of our event, so come prepared to share!
Keynote speakers include: (photo above, left to right):
- Myrna Cunningham Kain, member of the Food Systems Summit Advisory Committee
- Jemima Njuki, director for Africa, IFPRI
- Madhura Swaminathan, chair, M.S. Swaminathan Research Foundation
In addition to these fantastic speakers, the event will be moderated by Rowlands Kaotcha, Coordinator and Vice President at The Hunger Project. We will also host breakout groups focused on the 5 Action Tracks:
- Ensure access to safe and nutritious food for all
- Shift to sustainable consumption patterns
- Boost nature-positive production
- Advance equitable livelihoods
- Build resilience to vulnerabilities, shocks and stress
In addition to hosting our own independent dialogue, the Movement has also been collecting thought pieces from membership leaders. We are sharing new pieces daily.
(Featured photo: The Hunger Project).