The Movement provides opportunities for unpaid graduate student internships of from three to six months in support of its research and advocacy efforts. Interns work directly under the supervision of the Movement’s secretariat professional staff based in Toronto, Washington DC and New York, provided primarily by The Hunger Project.
Interns (and secretariat staff) work remotely, in daily communication with staff via slack, email and Google Meet.
Interns gain experience in writing, policy analysis, organizing meetings and events, and representing the Movement at meetings where feasible.
To apply, kindly send a cover letter stating your intention for your internship, your resume and a short (2-4 page) writing sample to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Movement for Community-led Development and The Hunger Project deeply appreciate the substantive contributions of the following interns.
- Ibrahim Sultan (Fall)
- Akash Chopra (Summer)
- Benjamin Goldberg (Summer)
- Eoin Wilson-Manion (Spring/Summer)
- Kristiann Koris (Spring/Summer)
- Anya Petranovic (Spring/Summer)
- Janet Kassim (Spring/Summer)
- Charlie Estes (Winter/Spring)
- Richard Murphy (Winter/Spring)
- Jazilah Salam (Winter/Spring)
- Zach Wong (Winter/Spring)
- Sera Bulbul (Fall)
- Izzi Volonte (Fall)
- Reidel Vichot (Fall)
- Laila Voss (Summer)
- Melinda Bernard (Summer)
- Molly Kalb (Summer)
- Matthew Boltansky (Spring)
- Claire Lorenzetti (Spring-Summer)
- Ahmed Alkarriri, Middle East Fellow
- Bayanjargal Battumur
- Erin Kiessling
- Tobi Olaiya (Also 2018)
- Cyrena Petersen
- Brianna Sirkis
- Pragya Thakur
The predecessor to MCLD was a Community of Practice on Participatory Local Democracy funded by the UN Democracy Fund and support by the following interns.
- Samirah Majumdar – Project Manager, May-August
- Emma Bradford
- Shanna Cole
- Anna Moriarty
- Nan Huang (Chloe)
- Clara Knutson
- Elisabeth Epstein – Project Manager
- Mai Otake – Project Manager – August 2013-May 2014
- Karoline Kraft
- Claire Robertson
- Danielle Smith