We partnered with OneVillage Partners to co-host an event at the Skoll World Forum! Together, we unpacked buzzwords like localization and capacity strengthening. It is essential to #ShiftThePower from the traditional binary of “experts” imposing knowledge on the “non-experts” for participatory #CommunityLed development. We heard the exciting journeys of community-led development champions, ranging from community leaders in Ghana to USAID-Paraguay and then collectively addressed some of the challenges face as practitioners.
The event, “Shifting the Power: Community-Led Development for a Partnership-Based Society,” was moderated by MCLD’s own Gunjan Veda and Steve Ogutu.
- Adriana Casati, USAID/Paraguay, Program, Resources and Performance Director
- Dr. Rebecca S Dali, PhD, Strategic Action for Community Development, Nigeria (SACDN) and Executive Director of Centre for Caring, Empowerment and Peace Initiatives (CCEPI)
- Faustina Gablah, Woman Community Leader, Akode Epicenter Ghana, The Hunger Project
- Chad McCordic, OneVillage Partners Country Director Sierra Leone
- Danyelle O’Hara, Mortenson Family Foundation, Community Relations Officer