Visit this page to see the full list of monthly COVID-19 calls.
Please join us for our next call in the Adapting CLD programming to Covid 19 on June 9. Based on your suggestions this call will focus on Livelihoods and Food and Nutrition Security. We will continue the conversation that started with MCLD’s Independent dialogue on Community-led Food Systems, particularly around Action Track 4 and 5, to answer the following questions through our speakers and breakout groups:
a) What innovations/adaptations have been coming out of communities to deal with livelihoods and food security during the pandemic (that can be adopted in the long term)?
b) What kind of longer-term adaptations are needed in our work – as donors, INGOs, local CSOs and governments- to address this heightening/ ever-present issue?Register for the call here: https://zoom.us/meeting/register/tJIuf-2hpjwuG9Ix2edTO4Jdyh7vXktoYWU6If
- Our recording from the UN Partnership Forum: Shift the Power for Post-COVID SDG ProgressThe UN Economic and Social Council (ECOSOC) invited all relevant stakeholders to the 2023 Partnership Forum with the theme: “Accelerating the recovery from the coronavirus disease (COVID-19) and the full implementation of the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development at all levels.” MCLD hosted an in-person side event: January 31, 2023 – 8:15am to 9:30am, Conference… Read more: Our recording from the UN Partnership Forum: Shift the Power for Post-COVID SDG Progress
- Special Monitoring Workshop with ITPCCommunity-led Monitoring puts community members in the driver’s seat of bringing about change. In this workshop, the International Treatment Preparedness Coalition shared their methodology on conducting effective Community-led Monitoring. We started with the principles of Community-led Monitoring and then look at successful examples of how it can be done in different countries and contexts through breakout groups. The group then concluded the… Read more: Special Monitoring Workshop with ITPC
- The Pandemic & Gender-Based ViolenceWe opened 2022 with the 15th call in our Adapting CLD Processes to COVID-19 series. This time, we talked about gender-based violence, which is something our participants had asked to discuss at the end of last year. We heard from our colleagues around the world on how the pandemic augmented gender-based violence, how organizations have… Read more: The Pandemic & Gender-Based Violence
- Pandemics, Environment, and CommunitiesThis month’s Adapting CLD Covid-19 call was focused on the environment, what the pandemic has revealed about our relationship to the environment, and how climate change and the safeguarding of nature could be addressed through community-led development. Moderators Gunjan Veda, Movement for Community-Led Development Nelly Mecklenburg, Institute for State Effectiveness Keynote Speakers David Bonnardeaux, Director of Environment,… Read more: Pandemics, Environment, and Communities
- Collaborating with Governments During COVID-19Moderators Gunjan Veda, Movement for Community-Led Development Nelly Mecklenburg, Institute for State Effectiveness Keynote Speakers Dr. Daisy N. Owomugasho, MCLD East Africa Regional Director Samuel Mutambo, National Program Director for THP Zambia, MCLD Zambia Coordinator Tindi Sitati, Collaboration Learning and Adaptation Officer for Global Communities, Regional Secretary for AFRICOOP Consortium Introduction On August 4th, participants… Read more: Collaborating with Governments During COVID-19