Visit this page to see the full list of monthly COVID-19 calls.
Please join us for our next call in the Adapting CLD programming to Covid 19 on June 9. Based on your suggestions this call will focus on Livelihoods and Food and Nutrition Security. We will continue the conversation that started with MCLD’s Independent dialogue on Community-led Food Systems, particularly around Action Track 4 and 5, to answer the following questions through our speakers and breakout groups:
a) What innovations/adaptations have been coming out of communities to deal with livelihoods and food security during the pandemic (that can be adopted in the long term)?
b) What kind of longer-term adaptations are needed in our work – as donors, INGOs, local CSOs and governments- to address this heightening/ ever-present issue?Register for the call here: https://zoom.us/meeting/register/tJIuf-2hpjwuG9Ix2edTO4Jdyh7vXktoYWU6If
- The Pandemic & Gender-Based ViolenceWe opened 2022 with the 15th call in our Adapting CLD Processes to COVID-19 series. This time, we talked about gender-based violence, which is something our participants had asked to discuss at the end of last year. We heard from our colleagues around the world on how the pandemic augmented gender-based violence, how organizations have […]
- Pandemics, Environment, and CommunitiesThis month’s Adapting CLD Covid-19 call was focused on the environment, what the pandemic has revealed about our relationship to the environment, and how climate change and the safeguarding of nature could be addressed through community-led development. Moderators Gunjan Veda, Movement for Community-Led Development Nelly Mecklenburg, Institute for State Effectiveness Keynote Speakers David Bonnardeaux, Director of Environment, […]
- Collaborating with Governments During COVID-19Moderators Gunjan Veda, Movement for Community-Led Development Nelly Mecklenburg, Institute for State Effectiveness Keynote Speakers Dr. Daisy N. Owomugasho, MCLD East Africa Regional Director Samuel Mutambo, National Program Director for THP Zambia, MCLD Zambia Coordinator Tindi Sitati, Collaboration Learning and Adaptation Officer for Global Communities, Regional Secretary for AFRICOOP Consortium Introduction On August 4th, participants […]
- Livelihoods, Food Security, Nutrition, and COVID-19Moderators Gunjan Veda – Movement for Community-led Development, and Nelly Mecklenburg – Institute for State Effectiveness Presenters Karina Sánchez Bazán – FAO Mexico Abdon Michel Lunda – Outreach DRC Livelihoods, Food Security, and Nutrition vs. COVID-19 Continuing the dialogue that started with our Food Systems Summit Independent Dialogue (https://bit.ly/MCLDFood), this month’s Adapting CLD to COVID-19 […]
- COVID-19 and Mental HealthModerators Gunjan Veda – Movement for Community-led Development, and Nelly Mecklenburg – Institute for State Effectiveness When this series first launched more than a year ago, we sought to explore the implications of COVID-19 and necessary adaptations. However, we did not know or expect the pandemic to be with us for so long and have […]