Gender equality if a fundamental principle of community-led development. For most women on earth, their primary opportunity to have voice in the decisions that affect their lives is through community leadership.
See also: Our collection of 16 articles for 16 Days of Activism against Gender-based violence.
- March Update: Women’s History Month and the launch of Africa’s first School for CLD.Listen to the recording of our March 29th call, to noted Indian Muslim feminist Dr. Syeda Hameed on the transformative power of women’s leadership, and from MCLD-Kenya’s Steve Ogutu and Makeuni County director for citizen engagement Zipporah Wambua.
- International Women’s Day 2023“The world will never realize 100 percent of its goals if 50 percent of its people cannot realize their full potential,” said Ban Ki-Moon, Former United Nations Secretary-General in reference to the post-2015 international development agenda
- Join us for #16Days of activism to halt gender-based violenceFrom 25 November, the International Day for the Elimination of Violence against Women, to 10 December, Human Rights Day, the 16 Days of Activism against Gender-Based Violence Campaign is a time to galvanize action to end violence against women and girls around the world. In 2022, in the face of push-back and discouraging regressive laws, UN Women… Read more: Join us for #16Days of activism to halt gender-based violence
- Celebrating Women and the Environment in BeninSome 100 women celebrated International Women’s Day in forest — emphasizing the importance of gender equality to environmental sustainability. The event was organized by the the national women’s association and The Hunger Project, and it received coverage (below) in the national media.
- Feminism and Food SystemsThe March global Zoom gathering of the Movement for Community-led Development featured special presentations by: Ritu Sharma, president of Radiant Advocacy and a member of the Steering Committee of the Coalition for a Feminist Foreign Policy in the United States. Learn more at this link, and scroll to the bottom to sign on! Joanna Veltri,… Read more: Feminism and Food Systems