As of July 2020, the Liberia Chapter is officially launched. The chapter in Liberia is supported by a group of truly local organizations that are dedicated to lifting it up. Regular facilitated dialogue is helping to orient all parties as to what value add they feel the chapter can add as they seek to fulfill their individual missions. The group is also participating in a joint West Africa regional effort of the Movement to build out private sector cooperation in the region.
- Self-reliant action in LiberiaMCLD-Liberia reports it has recently mobilized its members for a series of self-reliant community-led action projects. In these recent photos, you see the graduation from the chapter’s Home, Business and community management program, and a community action program to build walkways to deal with flooding.
- Catch Up with the National Chapters: September 2021Our National Chapters have had a busy month of strengthening their internal understanding and practice of community-led development. The Liberia Chapter hosted a knowledge sharing event to launch a Farmer’s Learning and Action Group. The attention and excitement generated demonstrated the powerful convening role that our National Chapters have; 50 farmers participated and committed themselves […]
- MCLD-Liberia hosts Youth Day Summit!The MCLD Liberia Youth Chapter on August 12, 2021 hosted the World Youth Day Summit with about fifty (50) young adult youth under the theme: Shift the power subtopic VISION TO LEAD.
Update on Recent Actions: New chapter formed and prepared to launch with ten civil society organization members. This is a self organizing and enthusiastic group of grassroots organizations, led by community members. Their involvement in regional and global calls has already enriched the conversations, especially from the perspective of people who represent, firsthand, the lived experience of local communities in low-resource settings. August 3, 2020
- Mentor Me Liberia Initiative (MMLI)
- A-Core Wing Foundation Inc.
- Women of Difference; Organization Liberia
- Partners Initiative
- Bishop A. R. Willis Academy of Excellence
- The Revival Fellowship
- Cressida Aid Assistance
- Liberia United Against Drug Abuse
- Interweave Solutions Liberia
- Johnsonville Township Association
- Students Working Among Good Government
- Media Against Disease & Illicit Drug Trafficking in Liberia
- Friendly Care International
- Foundation Against Illicit Drugs and Child Abuse (FADCA)
West Africa Regional Effort
Regional approach: Communications over the Movement’s new West Africa listserv resulting in emergence of a group comprising 13 local/regional NGOs from seven countries, convened under the umbrella of the Movement. The group met multiple times and co-created a joint response to a USAID West Africa call for innovative locally-led development efforts. With the advent of COVID USAID pushed back the due date, and the group has since pivoted to focus together on COVID response, and explore creating chapters in Liberia and Nigeria. One participant from Sierra Leone also submitted their own proposal to convene 2000 women into cooperatives, with guidance from global members of the Movement.
This success so soon after launching the regional entity holds promise regarding the value added and the demand for such a platform.
Come back soon for more details
Updated 20 July 2020