- Strengthening the Ecosystem for Locally-led DevelopmentView the recording in English / Voir l’enregistrement en français / Ver la grabación en español. Come back soon for the compiled report of recommendations! / Revenez bientôt pour consulter le rapport compilé des recommandations ! / Vuelva pronto para ver el informe recopilatorio de recomendaciones.
- Democracy and JusticeOur August 2022 Global Call On our monthly call for the Movement for Community-led Developmentand as we prepare for International Day of Democracy and the UN General Assembly, we heard from two inspiring leaders: Christina Ruhinda, executive director, Tanzania Network of Legal Aid Providers(TANLAP) and Maybin Machalo, Director of Corporate Services, Local Government Association of… Read more: Democracy and Justice
- Engaging GovernmentsOur September 2021 Global Call was a co-creation of principles for how CLD organizations can effectively engage governments. We were pleased to hear introductory remarks from Jeff Thindwa, Program Manager, Global Partnership for Social Accountability (GPSA). Ann Hendrix-Jenkins presented a framework for the discussion (see slides below) and then breakout groups each created 3-4 guiding… Read more: Engaging Governments
- How Communities Hold Development Banks AccountableWe have all heard horror stories of large-scale development projects destroying the livelihoods of poor communities. How can low-income communities hold international financial institutions such as the World Bank accountable? How can they even find out that these projects are coming their way?
- Citizens’ Charter Afghanistan Project (CCAP)Photo: World Bank Developing countries struggle to improve quality of their service delivery. Citizens also find it difficult to hold the government and other service providers accountable because they lack the know-how on the procedures and expectations that govern service providers’ performances. In addition to the disconnect it creates between citizens and service providers, its… Read more: Citizens’ Charter Afghanistan Project (CCAP)
Featured image: jPAL-South Asia