With support from One Village Partners, MCLD-Sierra Leone carried out a successful campaign to prevent violence in the run up to the June 24, 2023 general election. They carried out the following activities:
- 9 Districts were engaged (Tonkolili, Bombali, Kambia, Falaba, Kenema, Kailahun, Kono, Wester Area Rural, and Western Area Urban).
- 36 live radio discussions were held across Sierra Leone.
- 40 community education meetings were conducted in the 9 districts
- Collectively, we assumed that over 16,000 people (9,000 women and 7,000 men including youth)
- were reached through media and community meetings across the 9 districts.
- We assumed overall 11,000 people (6,000 women and 5,000 men including youth) were reached through the media.
- More than 4,500 people (2,400 women and 2,100 men including youth) were directly reached
- through community education meetings.
- From the facilitator’s records, 850 Women collectively participated in discussions. This is a record of women who were very bold and proud to speak out to advocate for nonviolence as well as volunteer to serve as peace ambassadors in their communities.