Internal Elements of Your National Association
Many National Associations choose to register as organizations within their countries
- When appropriate, may also open a bank account.
- High quality financial management processes are absolutely essential.
Some develop organization policies, to co-create as needed.
(Some of these are required by donors.)
- Finance: Transparent, clearly documented, shared authority, checks and balance, regular statements generated
- Child and Safeguarding: Includes training all staff and volunteers, and putting safeguarding processes into continuous action
- Gender: All genders proactively welcomed, ideally promoting female leadership
- Inclusion: Proactively including people with disabilities, people from all castes, races, ethnic, economic groups, speakers of varied languages, etc.
- Procurement: Fair, value for money, prevent corruption and conflicts of interest
- Human resources: Aligned with labor laws, and values and principles of CLD
Sample materials from the Uganda National Association:
Here are copies of their policies. Feel free to “make a copy” and adapt!
Here’s a call for consultant bids to help them create terms of reference and other key docs.